The 37th Annual
Sunday, March 1st 2015
9:00 am: 5-km run and 3-mile walk starts
9:15 am: 10-km and 10-mile run starts
10:45: Youth "Funner to be a Runner" races start
COURSES: All adult running races start in the parking lot of the Dutch Clark Stadium, go west along some quiet residential streets about one mile then down to the river trail and finish on the track inside the stadium. The Spring Runoff courses include scenic views of the Arkansas River and a test of early season fitness.The race will be run regardless of weather and there are no refunds. No animals or strollers are allowed for safety and insurance reasons
- 5-km run: turn right to go downstream on the river trail to dirt road up to the stadium track
- 10-km run: turn left to go upstream to the 10-km turn around near the Nature Center to head downstream to the dirt road up to the stadium track
- 10-mile run: turn left to go upstream to the 10-mile turn beyond the Nature Center around to head downstream to the dirt road up to the stadium track
- 3-mile walk: the walk takes the service road immediately from the parking lot down to the river trail downstream to the Kayak Park turn around point and back to the dirt road up to the stadium track.
- Spring Run Off ONLINE registration (opens January 1st through February 25th at midnight)
- Funner to be a Runner (free youth runs) ONLINE registration (opens January 1st through February 28th at 2 pm - bibs must be picked up race morning to count for school competition)
- Mail in, pick up or drop off: entry form at the Pueblo Chieftain: P.O. Box 36, Pueblo, CO 81002 or at 825 W. 6th Street.
- There will be NO race day registration but registrations will be accepted through packet pick up times although we only guarantee shirts for those registered by February 21st.
- Early January 1st– February 14th at midnight: $20 ($18 for SCR members)
- February 15th – February 25th at midnight (online entry closes): $25
- Late February 27th - 28th at packet pick up: $35
- There will be NO same day registration!
PACKET PICK UP:
- Sports Authority at the Pueblo Mall
- Friday February 27th: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and 4:00 to 7:00 pm
- Saturday, February 28th: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (no race registrations after 2 pm!)
- Dutch Clark Stadium on race morning starting at 6:30 a.m. but no later than 8:15 a.m. There will be NO race day registration!
Timing: Your race bib will include a disposable timing chip on the back. Do not bend the timing chip or forget your bib! Pin your bib to the front of your body to insure the chip is read as you finish.
T-shirts: If registered for a Spring Run Off event by February 21st, you are guaranteed a short sleeve technical running shirt. We cannot guarantee a shirt if registered later. Men and women sizes are offered so select your size accordingly. The free youth races do not get t-shirts.
- Medals to the top three by age group based on chip time in the 3 adult running races and the adult walk as follows: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45-49,50-54,55-59,60-64,65-69, and 70 and over. Those in the walk event may not run at any time on the course or may be reported for disqualification for award purposes.
- Age group medals: will be available beside the press box where race results are posted.
- Special overall awards will be given to overall male/female winners and master male/female winners in each runnng race on the field once overall finishers have completed each race. There will be no duplication of awards and overall winners will not be eligible for age group awards.
WATER STOPS: there will be four water stations providing water: 1 along the 5-km course, 2 along the walk course; 3 along 10-km course and 5 for the 10-mile course.
- Trail start: approximately 1.5 miles into all run courses at bottom of Reservoir Drive and the Arkansas River Trail
- 10-km turn around: approximately 3 miles into the 10K and 10M course, just before the 10-km turnaround
- 10-mile turn around: final stop is approximately 5 miles into the 10 mile course and shortly before the turnaround
- Pillar's Park on walker course: approximately 1 mile into the course.
- Please do not leave extra clothes at the water stops as the volunteers will be concentrating on providing refreshments and may not be able to return the clothes.
DIRECTIONS: all events start and end at Dutch Clark Stadium on the north end of Abriendo.
- From I-25: exit 6th Street (Exit 99A) and turn left on Santa Fe (second street), turn right onto 4th Street, cross Arkansas River bridge to top of hill. Take right on Abriendo and stadium will be 0.3 mile down on your right.
- From Pueblo Blvd and south end of City Park, take Thatcher east towards downtown 2 miles to the intersection of Thatcher and Abriendo. Take a left on Abriendo and proceed 0.3 mile until Dutch Clark Stadium on the right
WEATHER: Pueblo is located in the "banana belt" of Colorado and we have been blessed with good weather the last few years but wind and snow are always a possibility. As the Boy Scouts say, “Be Prepared”. We will have a snow removal plan but can’t guarantee solid footing throughout. Come prepared for snow and wind then be pleasantly surprised by the great weather we have in March in Pueblo. We will run the race regardless and do our best to provide a nice run! Please remember, the race is run regardless of weather conditions and there will be no refunds or transfers.
The four Spring Run Off races combined with the Funner To Be A Runner kids races annually attract about 1500 participants making this the largest running event in Pueblo. The guiding principle of the Southern Colorado Runners Club and the Spring Runoff event management group is to provide the participant the best experience possible. We attempt to keep the price low and the fun high!